August 15, 2014

Don't Get it Twisted Crochet ~ Pattern Review Friday

It's Friday time for another Pattern Review this week I hooked up a textured slouchy beanie. If you have been following me for any length of time you know I love a slouchy beanie; but I was looking for something new for this year a beanie with a little more texture and I think I have found the one.


This is the slouchy beanie from the Etsy shop byaccessorise you can find the pattern in her Etsy shop here.

Cost: $4.90

Difficulty: Advanced Beginner the pattern does not call for any difficult stitches but you should be familiar with crocheting in the back loop and seaming; and of course you should be able to make a pompom although if you Google "how to make a pompom" you will be a pompom expert in no time flat.

Why You Will Hook It: The instructions are pretty clear, the pattern writer assumes that you have some experience with crochet so it is not a "beginner" pattern where every step is explained in detailed but if you have worked with patterns before and know basic crochet you will be able to follow this pattern. It works up quick, and if you want to add just a little something different to your hats you can easily customize the pompom colors and play around with the colors in the beanie as well the texture makes it the perfect hat for guys/girls.

Why You Will Frog It: I honestly don't see a reason why you wrong this project if you start it. By the time you get ready to frog it you will be finished.

How Many Hooks: I give this pattern 4 out of 5 hooks. I love the instant gratification that one can get from crochet and this pattern definitely meets that requirement. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the pattern was not clear on what type of yarn to use; so I had to play around with my stash and do a couple of swatches before finding the right yarn.

This is my version, I used Red Heart Soft in Berry and also added a slip stitch around the edge. I am calling it the "Lucindy" hat as it reminds me of my Great Aunt Luncindy who taught me how to crochet.






0 comments:

Post a Comment