May 16, 2012

What's On The Hook Wednesday ~ The Buttercup Blanket

It has been a little while since I have done a What's On The Hook Wednesday but I am super excited to share what I am working on as it is one of my most challenging favorite projects thus far.

The very first time I saw a preview of The Buttercup blanket on Raverly I knew I was going to make it. So when Kristin Omdahl's book Seamless Crochet was released I went to three different book stores before I got my hands on it. I read through the pattern a couple of times before actually making my first chain and even still I had to start this blanket more times than I am willing to admit before actually getting a hang of it. Lets just say the diagram for this pattern has saved me and if it were not for the diagram I think I would have given up on it a long time go.

I am actually using the yarn that the pattern calls for which is something I usually do not do but I have to say that I am loving this yarn and how it is working up I am using the color rose bisque. I did go down a 4.5mm hook size because my gauge swatch in 5.00mm was just a little too big and I like how much easier the yarn works on my 4.5mm hook.


Not sure how long it will take me to finish this blanket...I have tried to time myself af far as making one buttercup or making one row of buttercups but yeah that is not really working so I will just keep working at it and when it is finished...well I guess it will be finished.

Would love to know what you are working on. Leave a comment below or better yet join all the Work in Progress fun by joining the party hosted by Tami Amis.




6 comments:

  1. I hear you, usually I don't use the suggested yarn but for mu current WIP I have done this also.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of your blanket and look forward to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I am looking forward to it being finished.

      Delete
  2. It's a great book eh? Such a clever method! I'm making the blissful flowers shawl.

    I like that blanket but i'm a bit worried the flowers will get squished. Gorgeous colour you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is one of my favorite books and I look forward to making more items...I like the technique but it take me a little while to get use too.

      The flowers have a natural curl to them so they looked like they are waiting to bloom

      Delete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete