January 28, 2014

Dress Up Your Cup Coffee Cup Cozy

I will be honest I have never really understood the concept of a mug, cup, or bottle cozy. That is not until I crocheted my first one and after doing so I realized that like many things that are hand made it really is an extension of ones personality.

So when one of my Instagram contacts asked if I had any to share I was on the hunt once again for a cute cozy that I thought would fit her personality. I think I hit the jackpot with  the "Bow Tie Mug Hug" from issue 11 of Simply Crochet.

I pretty much followed the pattern for the most part only changing the accent trim from crab stitch to a simple single crochet stitch all the way around and I noticed that I placed my bow a little lower. The pattern worked up quickly and I absolutely love the way it turned out.

Yarn: I used "I Love This Yarn Sport Weight" in Ivory Tweed and Lipstick double stranded for both the cozy and the bow.

Want to dress up your own cup with a cozy of your very own head over to dgitcrochet.com I have a few of these already made up ready to be sent off to a forever home.

 
Also shared on Too Cute Tuesdays
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment