May 10, 2014

Crochet Patience

I made a crochet doll. Her name is Patience. I have had several different crochet doll patterns on my never ending "things to crochet list" for quite some time now, but when i saw the doll in issue 10 of "Simply Crochet" crocheting a doll moved to the very top of my to do list. A quick read over the pattern it seemed pretty simple the majority of the pattern was single crochet which is the first stitch most crocheters learn after learning the chain; so making a doll should have been a quick and easy task for me. Six legs, two arms, and two heads half full of hair later we finally have Patience. Never in my crochet life have I had so much trouble with such a basic stitch. Needless to say I made quite a few modifications to the pattern and under close inspection there are quite a few things I need to do better, but I so love her. My favorite part is her hair.
Some deets on Miss Patience:
Pattern: Heavily modified version of doll from issue 10 of Simply Crochet
Yarn: Head and Body Caron Simply Soft color Chocolate
Hair: Loops and Threads Charisma color Black
Clothes: Made by my Aunt Sally
Stuffed with Poly-fil Height: Approximately 14" from top of head to bottom of leg.

I plan to make a few more dolls and try different techniques and dress this lady up in different outfits.

I would love to know what you guys think about Miss Patience... and if any of my fellow hookers have any experience making dolls and any tips you may have.



0 comments:

Post a Comment