September 14, 2012

DgitCrochet Friday Pattern Review

Don't Get it Twisted Crochet Friday Pattern Review...

This will be a new Friday Feature on my blog I love patterns...I mean love patterns and it is funny because when my Great Aunt taught me how to crochet there were no patterns involved just yarn, hook and idea in my head. I was introduced to patterns when I picked up my hooks again a few years ago and I have been hooked every since. So why dedicated posts to pattern reviews? Well as I mentioned above I love patterns and I sometimes feel like crochet patterns don't get the appreciation they deserve...and this is my way and my space to give a shoutout to my fellow hookers!

First up: The Bow Hant and Hand Warmers : Sans Limites Crochet

I came across this pattern when I was searching for some cute fingerless gloves.

Where to find it: Raverly

Cost: $7.00

Difficulty: Advanced Beginner (this is a pretty easy pattern however I would not suggest it as a first pattern if you are new to reading crochet patterns and or new to crochet).

Why you will hook it: You will love the end result the hat and hand warmers turn out so cute that you will what to finish it as soon as possible. It doesn't require an expensive yarn or any special crochet stitches or techniques so you do not have to constantly keep looking at the pattern.

Why you will frog it: You may find it to be a little too simple. Although you may not actually frog it; it can easily become one of those projects that just never get finished.

Overall it is a well written pattern easy to follow. Designer (Sara Dudek) gives good directions on how to complete the hat and hand warmers. Although there are no pictures of the work in progress she gives quite a few photos of the finished items. I would have liked Sara to have said what yarn she used and maybe a photo diagram on how to complete the thumb holes which seemed to give me the most trouble. This is still one of my favorite patterns to work and the fingerless gloves always make me feel like I should be dancing to Material Girl


Completed Hand Warmers done in Caron Simply Soft Yarn.
I never got a good picture of me in the hat.



0 comments:

Post a Comment