March 4, 2012

Handmade Party Favors

Yesterday I posted a link on my Don't Get it Twisted Crochet Facebook fan page to a new flower headband that I would be offering in my etsy shop. After posting the link I received an email from a lovely lady requesting 10 headbands. Now if you sale on etsy or sale your crafty skills at all you could only begin to imagine my excitement. I told her that I would love to make the headbands for her and was sure that whomever would be receiving them would be beyond excited. She then explained that the headbands were going to be party favors at her daughter's 5th birthday party. I immediately thought how cool is that...I remember going to birthday parties growing up and that goodie bag was the highlight of the party I mean other than the cake!

To be honest I thought the days of birthday party "loot bags" were long gone. I mean in this day of the "Super Sweet 16" and " 1st Birthday Cake Smash" who has time for party favors...I guess I was wrong and I felt honored that this lady thought enough of my hand crocheted handbands to want them to be a part of her daughter's special day.  Of course that got me to doing a little searching and it looks like party favors are still the rage particularly those of the handmade kind checkout some other great party favors I found:


Butterfly Wand Fairy
Something for boys and girls
Robot Soap
Dump Truck Party Favor
And of course the beautiful Flower Headbands

0 comments:

Post a Comment