August 25, 2014

Pattern Review Friday - Crochet Chain Scarf

Hello It's pattern Review Friday on a Monday... because I forgot to post on Friday.

Today's pattern comes from a book that I have had on my book shelf for over a year and I have to tell you to be prepared to see several pattern reviews from this book ( I probably should just do a book review) but seriously almost every pattern in this book is on my never ending I have to crochet this list.

The book is called Crochet Boutique by Rachel Oglesby - The project I am reviewing for this one is the Crochet Chain Scarf.



Cost: The book retails for $17.95 and can be found on Amazon and I am sure many other places just do a quick search on Google.

Difficulty: This is a beginner pattern like super beginner like the pattern is mostly done with the very first stich that you learn when you learn to crochet which is the chain stitch. So if you want to perfect your chaining skills this is the pattern for you.

Why You Will Hook It: Because it is so simple but the result is so chic and it works up really quick.

Why You Will Frog It:  If you are experienced in crochet you may find the pattern to be a bit boring  but keep the end result in mind and it will keep you going.

How Many Hooks: 5 out of 5 hooks. This is a well written beginner pattern it works up quick and can be easily modified. The yarn suggestion is one that is easily attainable or substituted.

For my version I used Knit Picks Shine Worsted the orange color is called Citrus and I can't remember the color of the green but I know it is also for them Knit Picks Shine collection. I didn't have enough of one color to do the entire scarf in one color which is why I used two... but I am really liking the two tone and probably will do more in two colors in the future.



What do you think of the Crochet Chain Scarf is this something you would hook?


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment